martes, 24 de mayo de 2016

Neovim: Next generation vim


Motivation

I was wandering the web looking for some vim plugins that feature golang syntax and autocompletion. I found out about the neovim project and got interested on it, cause I'm a vim user. Here's what I've found.


Neovim?

Official Neovim webpage states,

Neovim is an extension of Vim: feature-parity and backwards compatibility are high priorities. If you are already familiar with Vim, see :help nvim-from-vim to learn about the differences.

After using it for more than a week I gotta say it's worth to use it. The customization is way to easy, as for performance neovim loads faster than my vim (this could be due to the installed plugins or other setups, though). The installation of plugins is pretty easy with the aid of vim-plug which can be installed by a single curl request from the command line.


Installation and use of Plugins

Detailed instructions of installation are located on my repo https://github.com/Daniel-M/nvimConfigFiles where I store my neovim configuration files. The Readme describes all steps to get Neovim up and running in Debian.


References

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario